Last updated September 13, 2022
1. Information Collection and Use
2. Information Sharing
- Third-Party Partners or Providers: To provide you with certain services, we may share your Personal Information with third-party partners and service providers or require that you transact directly with a third-party partner or service provider. Third-party partners and service providers consist of companies with which Safe Haven has contracted in order to provide you with the Services, including, for example, services or products of ADT LLC d/b/a ADT Security Services or Alarm.com.
- Safe Haven’s Agents: Many of the services we provide require us to hire other companies to help us with these tasks (e.g., handling e-mail, analyzing data, marketing our products and services, or handling credit card transactions). The companies we employ to help us with these tasks have access to Personal Information to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes. Safe Haven acts in good faith to require all agents to whom Personal Information is disclosed to enter into confidentiality agreements and to agree to act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
- Advertisements, Marketing Material and Other Offers: Unless you tell us that you do not want to receive these offers and subject to applicable law, Safe Haven or those companies that we have a commercial relationship with, may occasionally send advertisements, marketing material, or other offers that we think might be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these advertisements, marketing material or other offers, please email [email protected].
Where required by law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you any marketing materials. To the extent allowed by law, the provision of your email and phone number to us constitutes your prior express written consent and electronic signature, authorizing us to contact you at that email address and phone number, including through the possible use of an automatic telephone dialing system or artificial or prerecorded voice, live calls, and text messages, for both promotional and informational reasons. You agree that this consent may be assigned by us to third parties and affiliates. You are not required to provide such consent to make a purchase. By providing your telephone number to us, you certify that this is your own number that you own, and not a line owned or used by another, and that you will immediately notify us if your number changes or is reassigned. You agree to indemnify us if this is not the case and if the future owner or user of the number makes a claim against us for contact at that number. You may opt out of such contact at any time and through any of the reasonable methods outlined herein. A copy of Safe Haven’s written Do-Not-Call Policy will be provided upon request.
- Future Business Transfers: We may transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Compliance with Law and Other Disclosures: Safe Haven reserves the right to release Personal Information in order to comply with applicable law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us. We may also release Personal Information to enforce or apply the terms and conditions applicable to our products and services, protect us or others against fraudulent or inappropriate activities, or otherwise protect the rights, property or safety of Safe Haven, our affiliated companies, our customers, or others.
4. Information Protection
Safe Haven limits access to your Personal Information and seeks to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no information transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately using the information below.
5. Accessing or Changing Your Personal Information
If you want to change, access, or delete your Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected]. To protect your privacy and security, we may need to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personally Information. If you have created a profile on any of the Services, your e-mail address and password may be required to access your profile information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. In addition, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are a California resident, please see the “California Privacy Rights” section below for more information about your rights and choices.
6. Children’s Privacy
Safe Haven’s User Interfaces are intended for a general audience, and Safe Haven does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. In addition, individuals under the age of 18 are not eligible to use any of the Services. Thus, Safe Haven will confirm you are at least 18 years old before selling any Services to you, by obtaining your date of birth and running your credit over the phone with you (once we obtain your consent).
7. California Privacy Rights
Safe Haven collects various types of personal information about you as described in this policy. Under California law, Safe Haven customers who are residents of California may request certain information about Safe Haven’s privacy practices including the personal information Safe Haven has collected, where it was sourced from, what it is being used for, whether it is being disclosed to third parties for business purposes, sold to third parties, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold in the previous 12 months. The table below summaries Safe Haven’s privacy practices in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
|Information Category||Examples||Collected||Sources||Third Party Sharing Categories||Disclosed to Third Parties|
|Business/ Commercial Purposes||Business/Commercial Purposes|
|Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, SSN, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes||Directly from you, e.g., from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
Indirectly from you, e.g., from observing your actions on our Site.
From third parties, e.g., from our third-party partners or service providers.
Parent or subsidiary organizations
Internet cookie information recipients
|2. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute.||Name, signature, SSN, physical characteristics/ description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or ID card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account/credit card/debit card numbers, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|3. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, personal & familial genetic information.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|4. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products/services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|5. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|6. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing/search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|7. Geolocation data.||GPS, physical location, or movements.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|8. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||Yes|
|9. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||No|
|10. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy).||Education records such as student grades, transcripts, class lists, schedules, ID codes, financial information, or disciplinary records maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf.||No||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||No|
|11. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No||See category 1 of this chart.||See category 1 of this chart.||No|
A. No Sale of Personal Information
In the previous 12 months, Safe Haven has not sold your personal information in the enumerated categories above.
B. California Consumer Rights:
Under California law, you have the following rights:
1. The right to request Safe Haven to disclose the personal information we collect from you,
2. The right to request Safe Haven to disclose if we sell your personal information,
3. The right to request Safe Haven to delete your personal information,
4. The right to request Safe Haven to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, and
5. The right to be free from discrimination if you exercise the above rights.
C. Exercising Your Rights: Verifiable Consumer Request/Opting Out:
Submitting Requests: To exercise your rights stated above, contact Safe Haven by submitting a request on this link Request or Delete My Personal Information.
Verifying your Request: Upon receiving your request Safe Haven will verify the request by matching the information provided to the personal information Safe Haven currently has.
8. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Website Analytics
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user’s computer hard drive or device, which enable a website to “personalize” itself for each user by remembering information about the user’s visit to the website.
A. Safe Haven’s Cookies (First-Party Cookies):
Safe Haven may use our cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. For example, we use a cookie to reduce the time it takes for you to submit purchase requests by storing a registered user’s e-mail address so that the user does not need to enter their e-mail address each time that they login to Safe Haven. We will also use a cookie to keep track of your search criteria while you are engaging Safe Haven’s services. Safe Haven’s cookies are associated with a user’s Personal Information. However, no third party may use the information we collect through our cookies for their own purposes.
B. Third Party Cookies
Safe Haven also works with third parties that place cookies on our Site to provide their services, including:
– Ad Targeting: We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Site and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer while serving advertisements on this Site. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our Site and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours.
– Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
– Analytics/Measurement: We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site, to find out what works and what does not, to optimize and improve our websites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
– Remarketing Pixel Tags: In addition, we may share web site usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Site and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Site. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on Safe Haven during earlier browsing sessions.
– Flash Cookies: Our partners, who may provide certain features on our site or display advertising based on your browsing activity, also use Local Shared Objects such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
C. Opting Out of Cookies
D. Mobile Devices, Anonymous Device Identifiers and Hashed IDs
We and/or data providers that we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet or identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. To customize these ads or content, we or a data provider may collect de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, or to data passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address. However, we will share your email address solely in hashed, non-human readable form. If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser or applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings.
Please keep in mind that, without cookies or similar tracking technologies, you may not have access to certain features on our Site, including access to your profile/account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain web sites, including our Site, by requiring that, for example, you enter your username and password to access the employee or dealer program components of the Site.
9. Third-Party Websites
11. Do Not Track Disclosures
12. Contact Information
Safe Haven Security Services, LLC
Attn: Legal Department
520 E 19th Ave.
North Kansas City, MO 64116